Resident Assistance Programs
Weatherization Assistance Program
The Weatherization Assistance Program is a department in the Housing Authority of Utah County. We serve low-income individuals in Summit, Wasatch, and Utah counties.
Housing Rehabilitation Program
The Housing Authority of Utah County provides low interest (0-3%) loans for home repairs to qualified and income eligible homeowners. In certain instances, loan repayment may be deferred until the borrower sells or transfers the property to another owner or the borrower’s income increases. Households with eligible disabled or elderly persons often qualify for 0% deferred loans.
Typical home repairs and improvements that the loan may cover include:
- Connecting to a new sewer system
- Repairing or replacing a furnace
- Insulating an attic or wall
- Updating electrical or plumbing systems
- Repairing or replacing roofs
- Adding handicap accessibility
The program purpose is to help citizens live in safe and adequate housing.
Property Tax Relief
Summit County offers five different tax relief programs for county property owners. These programs are created by the State of Utah, and administered by Summit County according to the law.
– Early Deadline September 1, 2019, Final Document Deadline December 31, 2019
Tax Relief Programs:
- Circuit Breaker - (Age & income-based, 66 years old or surviving spouse with household income up to $33,530.)
- County Hardship Abatement - (65 years old, or any age disabled, or any age in extreme hardship, with income and adjusted assets that do not exceed $33,530)
- Blind Exemption - (legally blind in both eyes, or unmarried surviving spouse or minor orphan of a legally blind person)
- Active Duty Military - (deployed outside of Utah for 200+ days)
- Veteran with a Disability - (VA disability rating of at least 10%)